Get Involved in Service-Learning!
Faculty: Your participation is critical for a successful community based learning program.
We need you to integrate service into your curriculum, maintain academic quality and gain familiarity with the entire process and approach to a meaningful learning experience for your students. However, not only students will learn from the experience–you also have a great deal to gain from participating in service learning! This includes developing a new set of skills and presenting an experiential learning program that will definitely excite your students.
CommUniverCity provides support and resources for faculty who are implementing the service learning pedagogy in their courses. We will work with you on syllabus development and help you craft course activities that would reflect student learning. We will also help you coordinate and manage your students’ activities in the community.
If you are interested in integrating an exciting, memorable, and meaningful learning experience in your courses through community based learning, please get in touch with Bobbi Makani at email@example.com, or call (424) 262-2418.
Join a Project
Students: Are you looking to fill your service-learning hours for a class at SJSU? Our projects provide fun and meaningful opportunities to engage with Downtown San José communities and help build vibrant neighborhoods. Please read our current Project List and fill out our Online Interest Form below.
Project List FALL 2017
(note: not all projects have current volunteer openings)
- BART Alum Rock Transit Village (BARTVA)
- College Day (Planning)
- Community Leadership Program (CLP)
- Community Planning: Delmas Park (COMMPLAN)
- Coyote Meadows Coalition
- Engineering in Action (EIA)
- Friends of Five Wounds Trail (FFWT)
- Get Out The Vote (GOTV)
- Growing Sustainably: Cooking Matters (GS_CM)
- Growing Sustainably: Garden Club (GS_GC)
- Growing Sustainably: Garden Education (GS_GE)
- Marketing Smarts (for ESCBA)
- Money Matters for SJSU Students
- Money Matters for Children
- Record Clearance Project (RCP)
- SJSU Mentors
- SUN Spring Festival @ O’Donnell Gardens Park
- Spartan Keyes Spring Festival apr 29 or 22 bestor park
- Writing Partners
Visit the Volunteer Interest Form to sign up for exciting opportunities!